In the ever increasing pace of our lives these days, the pleasure of a home cooked dinner for you and your family to enjoy together is a special way to ease into the evening. This easy baked salmon recipe is delicious, nutritious and simple to make in under 30 minutes.
Dinner: Baked Salmon, Quinoa and Zucchini
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh salmon fillet cut into 4 individual salmon fillets
- 3 Large Zucchinis
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Cold water
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes optional
- 1 handfull Parsley chopped
- 1.2 Lemon zest and juice
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to a frying pan add sliced zucchinis, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, cook stirring occasionally until veggies begin to soften and lightly brown.
- Lay salmon fillets out on a foil lined baking sheet skin side down.
- Combine the two mustards in a small bowl and stir in 1 tbs olive oil. Brush mixture over each salmon fillet coating completely. Place salmon in preheated oven and cook approximately 20 or until fish is cooked through.
- Add water and quinoa to a pot over medium heat. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff gently with a fork.
- When quinoa is done cooking stir in parley and lemon juice mixture.
- To Serve: Mound a serving of quinoa on a plate, top with Salmon, place zucchinis alongside.
Bon appetit! Let us know your thoughts on the recipe and/or video in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider pinning it using the image found below: